Japanese Acupuncture Foundation Course
18 januari 2019 14:00 tot 20:00€800
Docent: Andy Harrop.
Op 18 januari 2019 begint de 6-daagse introductiecursus Japanse acupunctuur door Andy Harrop.
Andy Harrop is wereldwijd de enige docent die door Kiiko Matsumoto erkend wordt.
De data zijn:
- 18 januari 2019 van 14.00 tot 20.00 uur
- 19 januari 2019 van 10.00 tot 17.00 uur
- 15 februari 2019 van 14.00 tot 20.00 uur
- 16 februari 2019 van 10.00 tot 17.00 uur
- 22 maart 2019 van 14.00 tot 20.00 uur
- 23 maart 2019 van 10.00 tot 17.00 uur
This 6 day course is a comprehensive foundation in Kiiko Matsumoto style Japanese acupuncture. It will cover all the major protocols, diagnosis and treatment techniques essential to this style. It will give participants dynamic, new and valuable approaches to treating patients and enriching their practice.
Kiiko Matsumoto’s style of acupuncture is a unique synthesis of her own extensive research of Classical Chinese sources and the teachings of her own Japanese Masters, blended with modern knowledge of anatomy and physiology. It is part of a traditional lineage that Kiiko has inherited from her Masters and which she continues to develop.
This is a style of acupuncture that is both interactive and hands-on. It uses palpation of the abdomen, or Hara, as the primary diagnostic tool and a method of direct diagnostic feedback that allows both practitioner and patient to immediately assess the energetic changes taking place during treatment. Practitioners find this aspect of the style particularly rewarding and patients also find this closer interaction with their practitioner and greater participation in the treatment very beneficial therapeutically.
The clinical strategies and techniques presented on the course will give new insights into even the most commonly encountered clinical syndromes as well as those that are more unusual or problematical. This style of acupuncture can be easily incorporated into an existing TCM or Five Element practice and participants will leave this course with practical knowledge that can be applied directly to improve clinical effectiveness.
The following topics will be covered:
- Principles of Kiiko Matsumoto style acupuncture
- Significance of the Hara
- Use of the Hara as the primary diagnostic method
- Interpretation and release of primary and secondary diagnostic reflexes
- Point selection including Japanese extra points – location and use
- Treatment Methods:
- Needle technique and manipulation
- Direct thread moxa and use of shiunko cream
- Kyutoshin needle moxa
- Tiger warmer
- Root Treatment Protocols:
- Oketsu – Blood Stagnation
- Adrenal Insufficiency
- Immune System Weakness
- Stomach Qi Deficiency
- Hormonal Imbalance inc. Pituitary, Thyroid, Ovarian and Blood Sugar
- Heart problems
- Autonomic Nervous System Imbalance
- Systemic Detoxification
- Structural Treatments for the lower back
- Scars – introduction to treatment
The course will be taught in a ‘workshop’ style, with lecture and demonstration followed by hands on practice working in supervised pairs or small groups. It is not necessary to have studied Japanese acupuncture before in order to benefit from this course.